When it comes to automotive electrical systems repair, Sugar Land drivers are most likely to recommend our automotive repair mechanics to their friends and family. That is because, as a local mechanic, we make it a point to be dedicated to providing top quality work with the best service in town.
Automotive Electrical Systems Repair Sugar Land, TX
Your vehicle’s electrical system is made up of three major components that work together to give you the power you need. Anytime your battery, starter, or alternator are in trouble it compromises the entire system and just makes your life more frustrating. We always recommend knowing the signs of trouble so you can have them repaired before you find yourself stranded.
Car Battery Testing and Replacements
The car battery is always the first thing that drivers blame when there is an electrical problem. And, we get it, batteries typically only last around four to five years, so it isn’t crazy for yours to be the most likely suspect.
Some of the signs your battery is dying include:
- Your engine is slow to crank
- Your check engine light or battery light are illuminated
- A clicking noise when you turn the key
- Electrical components or accessories in your vehicle are malfunctioning
- Your headlights are dim
- Your battery is five years or older
At Texan Auto Repair & Collision, we offer battery testing as well as replacement. Come see us today.
The very name tells you how important your vehicle’s starter is. If yours is dead, it is going to be hard to get anywhere very fast.
Some of the most common signs of a bad starter include:
- New noises including grinding, clicking, or whining
- Electrical components are working but the engine won’t start
- The starter stays on after the engine has started
- Smoke coming from under the hood
If you are experiencing these or other starter issues, it is time to make an appointment with our experts.
When your alternator is in trouble, it makes it difficult for your vehicle to stay charged or properly take advantage of the power from your electrical system.
Some signs that the electrical trouble is because of your alternator include:
- Lights that are either too dim or too bright
- A dead battery
- Engine stalls
- Difficulty starting your engine
- Whining or rumbling noises
- The check engine light or battery light is illuminated
Don’t let alternator trouble continue any longer than you have to. Bring your vehicle to Texan Auto Repair & Collision for accurate diagnosis and repair.
Book an Electrical System Repair Near You
Whether it is the battery, the starter, or the alternator, when your vehicle’s electrical system is giving you trouble, it is best to have the situation attended to by an expert mechanic as soon as possible. And when it comes to automotive electrical repair Sugar Land drivers know that our team has the answers. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.